Located at the beginning of Kirova Street in Yalta, the church of Alexander Nevsky by the grouping of its volumes and rich decorative decoration resembles ancient Russian churches of the 17th century. It was erected at the end of the 19th - beginning of the 20th centuries according to the project of architects Krasnov and Shapovalov, interior decoration was made according to the sketches of Kroshechkin.
The main Orthodox cathedral of Yalta, one of the attractions of the city. The construction of the cathedral was inextricably linked with the Russian imperial house, the patron saint of which was considered Alexander Nevsky. The cathedral was built in honor of the Russian emperor Alexander II, who died at the hands of the people's volunteers.
In Soviet times, the church was closed in 1938, the bells were sent for remelting. A sports club was organized in the temple building, and the Teacher’s House in the school building.
The services were again resumed in 1942, after the establishment of the German administration in Crimea. After liberation, the temple did not close and continued to operate. The building of the parish school was returned in the 90s.
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Yalta
A community of people who come or serve in the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
Cathedral of the Holy Prince Alexander Nevsky is the main Orthodox cathedral of Yalta, one of the attractions of the city.
st. Sadovaya, 2 (stop "Marine")
Divine services are held daily.
On Sundays and public holidays, the liturgy is 9 a.m., the all-night vigil is 5 p.m.
On weekdays, the liturgy is at 8:00