List attractions formed on the basis of visitor reviews and sorted by rating, which is also based on visitor reviews. Thus, at the top of the list are located the most interesting sights.
Look Photoread reviewson the basis of which the rating is built, leave your review, you can follow the link on the name of a specific attractions.
If you did not find in this list an interesting place that you would like to share your impressions about - leave information on our forum in the What to see section.
Manor Golitsyna B.A. (educator Peter I). The house-palace (the institute of animal husbandry is located in it), service buildings, a horse yard, a lime garden have been preserved.
The main attraction of the estate - Church of the Sign (1697).
Work mode: the church is open for self-examination from 9.00 to 17.00
Coordinates: N055 26.416, E037 29.614
Monument to the Singer Sewing Machine(coordinates are given)
2011. Sculptor Alexander Rozhnikov.
Address: Podolsk, February St., 52
Bronze knight on a horse smashing a snake. The author is V. Klykov.
Address: Podolsk, st. Kirova 63A, next to the Vityaz Ice Palace
Coordinates: N055 25.928, E037 32.942
Fountain "The first ball of Natasha Rostova"
2015, the only fountain in the Moscow Region with a rotating sculptural composition.
The figures of the heroes of the poem "War and Peace" smoothly spin to the sounds of a waltz, and in the evening the fountain lights turn on.
Coordinates: N055 25.513, E037 31.664
Monument to M.Yu. Lermontov
The bronze sculpture of the poet on the background of a stele made of brass was inaugurated on September 12, 2015. The author of the monument is the architect Ivan Korzhev.
Coordinates: N055 26.187, E037 33.622
Patrimony of the Morozovs, the last owner - philanthropist Schapov, who restored many buildings, including Assumption Church (1779). Today in the main building of the estate Museum of the estate Shchapovo.
Work mode: from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Sunday and Monday
Coordinates: N055 25.029, E037 24.392
Podolsk Museum of Local Lore (outbuilding of the estate "Ivanovo")
It is located in three rooms. Expositions about the nature of Podolsk and its environs, archaeological exposition, peasant life.
Work mode: from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., except Monday and the last Friday of the month
Phone: (275) 57-47-31
Coordinates: N055 26.069, E037 31.258
Podolsk Museum of Local Lore (main building)
Exposition dedicated to the history of the city. Located in the historic building of the state chambers.
Phone: 8 (4967) 55-92-34, 8 (4967) 55-92-33
Coordinates: N055 25.918, E037 32.974
Monument-obelisk to the grenadiers of Miloradovich
Monument to the valor of Russian soldiers in the battle of September 22, 1812 in a place near the villages of Voronovo and Tarutino, where during the day there was a battle with a superior enemy, during which the enemy offensive was suspended. The monument at this place was statutory 100 years after the above events in 1912.
During the years of Soviet power, it was converted into a monument to Karl Marx, but in 1995 it was restored.
Coordinates: N055 26.057, E037 32.716
The memorial was established in 1971. and is dedicated to the feat of the Soviet people during the Second World War. It is a plaque with the names of the heroes, the eternal flame and the stella of memory.
Coordinates: N055 25.940, E037 33.308
Church of Elijah the Prophet
The church was built in 1753. In Soviet times, it was closed, and in 1937, the rector of the church Alexander Agafonnikov was shot at the Butovo training ground. Returned to believers in 1995, on October 14, 2003, the Ilyinsky Church was consecrated by Metropolitan of Krutitsky and Kolomenskoye Juvenal.
Coordinates: N055 25.987, E037 28.859
Monument to the hero of socialist labor Dolgiy A.R.
2012, bust to the director of the Podolsk Machine-Building Plant named after Ordzhonikidze of the USSR Ministry of Heavy, Power and Transport Engineering (development of reactors and other equipment for nuclear power plants), which, after retiring, organized and took an active part in the restoration of Ivanovskoye estate
Coordinates: N055 26.033, E037 31.277
Church of the Resurrection
The construction of the temple began in 1728 with the blessing of the governor of St. Danilov Monastery, Archimandrite Gerasim, and lasted long enough due to insufficient funding.
In 1924, the church was closed, it housed a truck garage, a tank repair workshop. After the 1970s, the building of the temple housed a gas cylinder exchange point, a shoe factory, a gas and gas station and a granite workshop. And only on September 17, 1994, it was decided to restore the parish and the temple.
Coordinates: N055 26.095, E037 33.440
2. Znamenskaya church
The temple is located next to the estate of Dubrovitsy and is part of its architectural ensemble. It was erected at the request of B. A. Golitsyn at the beginning of the XVIII century. For work, the prince invited an Italian architect. Undoubtedly, the church can be called one of the most beautiful in Russia. After the construction was completed, the patriarch even refused to consecrate it because of its great resemblance to Catholic churches. The building is made in the style of Golitsyn Baroque.
3. Generation Square
Square was defeated in 2006 in honor of the next anniversary of Podolsk. On its territory there are a fountain, a clock tower - Podolsky "Big Ben", lanterns and flower beds with flowers. Previously, apple trees grew on this place and plaques were located. The clock tower is the architectural dominant of the square. In addition to the dial, a shield with a city emblem is strengthened on it. The construction is located in the middle of a green lawn and surrounded by a fence.
6. Museum of Local Lore
The museum appeared in the 1970s thanks to the efforts of citizens - the first exhibition was formed from objects that they brought from home. In the 1990s, the institution moved to the Ivanovskoye estate, most recently - in the city mansion of the XIX century. For several decades, the museum’s collection has grown significantly: it includes archaeological finds of the 9th-12th centuries, works of local artists, and natural exhibits.
7. Museum-reserve "Podillia"
The museum was founded in the 1930s on the territory of the house where in 1900 the Ulyanovs family lived. The leader of the proletariat himself has been here twice. In Soviet times, the building housed the museum of his name, which was subsequently transformed into "Podillia". The exposition is located on the territory of the house, around there is a park area representing the landscapes of Central Russia.
8. Podolsk Exhibition Hall
The gallery is located in the center of Podolsk. It covers an area of 2 thousand m² and is intended for a variety of exhibitions. The hall was opened in the 1970s. Since then, dozens of vernissages have passed on its territory, where works from the leading museums of Russia were brought. Today, the gallery continues to play the role of an important cultural center of Podolsk, hosting concerts and organizing interesting events.
9. Trinity Cathedral
Empire style 19th century Orthodox church located on Cathedral Square. It was built after the victory in the Patriotic War of 1812. The institution worked during the years of Soviet power, although the shopping arcade, which was part of the architectural complex, was demolished. The majestic temple is located on a hill and rises above city buildings, already from afar attracting the attention of an observer.
10. Church of the Resurrection of Christ
It is believed that a wooden church on the site of a modern church has stood since the time of Ivan the Terrible. In the 1730s, a stone building was erected, which by the middle of the XIX century was pretty dilapidated. In the 1850s, they carried out restoration work, in 1911 they re-painted the walls (frescoes and interior decoration were lost in Soviet times). The building was badly damaged and was almost in ruins until it was restored in the 1990s.
11. Monument to Catherine II
The monument in honor of the empress was erected in 2008. The fact is that it was she who granted Podolsk the status of a city in 1781. The statue is located on the territory of the Catherine Square. The autocrat is depicted sitting at a desk with a pen in her hands - apparently signing an imperial decree or composing an important letter. The composition is on a pedestal lined with granite slabs.
12. The sculpture "Podolsk - a city of the working class"
The monument is located in the square in front of the station. Thus, he was the first to meet the guests of Podolsk. The sculpture was made by a joint project of a group of authors and installed in 1969. It is made in the classical forms of Soviet monumental art, depicting working people strong and beautiful, able to completely change the world and build a bright future.
13. Monument to Podolsky cadets
The sculptural group is made of stainless steel. It was installed on the city square in 1975 on the eve of Victory Day. It consists of the figures of three fighters, over which a symbolic banner flutters. The composition is dedicated to cadets of the infantry and artillery schools, who heroically defended the approaches to Moscow during the Second World War. They successfully repelled enemy attacks at the cost of their own lives, until reinforcements arrived.
14. Manor Ivanovskoe
The estate was built at the beginning of the 19th century for Count F.A. Tolstoy. The manor house has all the features of a classic style. Symmetrical wings extend from the main building, decorated with a portico and columns, the rear facade faces the bank of Pakhra. After the October Revolution, a hostel was organized in the house, which was abandoned by the 1980s. Now on the estate there is a branch of the Museum of Local Lore and the Museum of Professional Education.
15. Estate Ostafyevo
The mansion of the late XVIII century, previously owned by Vyazemsky-Sheremetyev. It was built in a classic style, like most estates of that time. At the end of the 19th century, the estate was bought by Count S. D. Sheremetyev, who made the Pushkin Museum out of it. After nationalization, the museum worked only until the 1930s, then it was liquidated, the exhibits were partially sold out. Museum status was returned to the mansion only in the late 1980s.
Znamenskaya Church in Dubrovitsy
- Schedule: daily, from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Phone: +7 496 765-16-44.
- Website: http://www.dubrovitsy-hram.ru
- Address: Dubrovitsy village. Bus stop "Dubrovitsy".
An amazing architectural pearl of Podolsk is considered an amazing temple in the estate of Dubrovitsy, located near the city. Its construction, which lasted 14 years, was begun in 1690 by Prince Boris Golitsyn. An incredibly colorful building, decorated in the style of Faberge jewelry masterpieces, was erected by European architects. A beautiful monument of baroque architecture captivates at first sight. It shines with the splendor of ruststone, columns, arches, and other incredibly elegant elements. At the entrance to the church from the western side there are statues of John Chrysostom and Gregory the Theologian.
Monument to Catherine the Great
- Address: st. Kursk. Stop transport "Station Podolsk."
The opening ceremony of the monument to the Russian Empress took place in the fall of 2008. In a similar way, the citizens expressed their respect to the great sovereign who granted the village the status of Podolu. By the way, one of the legends tells that even the village got its name from Catherine II, who soaked the hem of her dress here, driving through the streets during a walk. The sculpture is cast in bronze. The empress is depicted sitting with a feather in her hand and a slight smile on her face. That is how the sculptor imagined Catherine the Great at the time of the signing of the fateful decree for Podolsk.
Memorial in the Square of Glory
- Address: Glory Square. Stop of transport "Area of the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution."
During the Second World War, tens of thousands of Podolsk citizens defended the Motherland, defending the Fatherland with arms in their hands and selflessly working in the rear. In memory of their immortal feat on the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution, a memorial was erected with the Eternal Flame and memorable steles. In 2010, the architectural and monumental composition was supplemented. Then there appeared a pylon dedicated to the workers of the rear and a monument to soldiers-internationalists. The transformed recreation became known as the Square of Glory. Citizens sacredly honor the memory of the heroes of the waning war. At the obelisk with an unquenchable torch, fresh flowers always lie.
Obelisk to the grenadiers of General Miloradovich
- Address: Zelenovsky microdistrict. Bus stop "Lenin Square".
During the Patriotic War of 1812, near Podolsk - in the vicinity of the villages of Tarutino and Voronovo, the grenadiers under the command of General Mikhail Miloradovich performed a military feat. A small detachment of Russian soldiers then blocked the corps of Murat, who was trying to break through to the headquarters of M. Kutuzov. The fight lasted all day. Many of the heroes died. Their memory was immortalized in 1912. The Bolsheviks did not spare a two-level obelisk crowned with an eagle cast in zinc. In its place after the revolution a monument to K. Marx was erected. Justice triumphed in 1995, when an exact copy of the obelisk took its rightful place.
Monument to the Singer Sewing Machine
- Address: st. February, 7. Stop transport "Ploshchad Lenina".
The transformation at the beginning of the last century into a significant industrial center, Podolsk was to a certain extent obliged to the Singer sewing machine factory, which began work in 1902. After the revolution, several related industries were organized on the basis of the factory and more than 20 thousand people worked there. . A whole regiment was formed from the workers of the enterprise, aimed at protecting the capital in 1941. The monument was inaugurated in 2011. On the granite pedestal there is a statue of a foot-operated sewing machine that sews the canvas of Podolsk’s history. It is simply necessary to make a memory photo here.
- Schedule: daily, from 11:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: admission is free, excursion costs from 500 r. up to 750 p.
- Phone: +7 496 769-92-39.
- Website: http://www.immzpodolie.com
- Address: Lenin Avenue, 47. Stop of transport "Lenin House-Museum".
In a quiet park area on the picturesque bank of the river Pakhra there is a wonderful historical and memorial museum that will be interesting to see for any tourist. Part of his exhibition, located in the house of V. Kedrova, is dedicated to the leader of the world proletariat, who lived here during two visits to Podolsk. In the nearby estate of the Morozovs, archaeological artifacts are shown, as well as reconstructions are created that tell about the life, traditions, customs of Podolsk merchants and philistines of the 19th century.
Theater "Evening Ringing"
- Schedule: information on the dates and times of the start of performances should be clarified by phone.
- Ticket price: from 150 r.
- Phone: +7 496 754-74-01.
- Website: https://www.vechernii-zvon.ru
- Address: st. Sverdlova, 38. Stop transport "DC October".
Fans of Melpomene should definitely watch one of the performances of the theater, created in 1976 in the Palace of Culture "October". The townspeople with great pleasure attend his performances, despite the fact that the theater mecca - Moscow is very close by. The directors and artists of the troupe are talented. Performances based on classical and modern plays, as well as colorful children's performances are constantly collecting full houses. Today, the theater’s repertoire includes one and a half dozen performances.
- Schedule: daily, from 7:00 to 19:00.
- Phone: +7 496 769-40-12.
- Website: http://www.voskrhrpodolsk.cerkov.ru
- Address: st. Krasnaya, 24. Stop transport "Square of the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution."
The wooden church in the name of the Resurrection of Christ existed in Podolsk since the 16th century, however, a terrible fire destroyed it 200 years later. The construction of a new building, already made of stone, was completed by the end of the 18th century. For a long time, until the construction of the Trinity Cathedral, it was considered the main temple of the city. During the years of the persecution of religion, domes were removed from the church, and the bell tower was destroyed to the ground. Only at the end of the last century was a reconstruction carried out that restored the temple to its historical appearance. The main relics of the church are images with particles of the relics of the saints of Moscow.
Church of St. George
- Schedule: daily, from 7:00 to 19:00.
- Phone: +7 496 753-29-99.
- Website: http://www.podolsk-hram.ru
- Address: st. Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya, 93. Stop of the Kutuzovo-1 transport.
In September 2007, to the delight of parishioners of the Kutuzovo microdistrict and the southern village of Podolsk, the church was consecrated in the name of the leader of the heavenly army particularly revered in Russia. The church was decided to build from a tree in the old Russian style. The traditional octagon on the four, covered with a high tented dome, looks elegant and festive, especially on sunny days, when the gilt emanates from the gilded domes. On church holidays, a bell rings from the bell tower, filling the air with a special atmosphere. Be sure to visit here and take a memory picture near a wonderful church.
GAME ZONA "World of Entertainment"
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 22:00.
- Phone: + 7 926 538-08-92.
- Website: https://www.gamezona.ru
- Address: st. Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya, 45. Stop for Detsky Mir transport.
A great place where your favorite child can have fun from the heart is the gaming area of the Capitol shopping center. It will be interesting to visit children of any age. Kids enjoy riding roundabouts, tinkering on the playground, traveling through the maze of the wilds. For older children, they organize colorful vocal and dance contests and fun animator quizzes. Teenagers are interested in slot machines and video simulators. The menu of the children's cafe includes a variety of goodies and desserts for young sweet tooth.
Leader race track
- Schedule: daily, from 10:00 to 22:00.
- Ticket price: ten-minute session for children on weekdays 500 rubles, on weekends 700 rubles.
- Phone: +7 495 598-57-15.
- Address: Simferopol highway. Bus stop "Simferopol highway, 20".
Any boy wants to race one day on a fast-track on a real professional track, feeling like a fearless racer. It is easy to fulfill the dream in the sports and technical center "Leader", located near Podolsk. By managing karting, the child will receive a huge amount of vivid emotions, master primary driving skills. By the way, here they propose to make a race along more difficult routes not only for teenagers, but also for adults.
A visit to Podolsk will be a great addition to sightseeing in the capital. In just one day you can see a lot of interesting things here.
A bit of historical and modern information
Little information has been preserved about the ancient times of Podolsk. Thanks to archaeological finds, it was established that those places were inhabited by Finnish-Ugric tribes. Their main occupation is agriculture and craft. Mostly they made pottery without using a potter's wheel.
There is a legend that the city is named after Catherine II. When she was driving through the city, she soaked the hem of her dress in the river. However, this legend is hardly related to the name. The years of her reign are 1762-1796. And references to the local village of Podil, which became the basis of the city, are found in documents of 1559 left over from the time of Ivan the Terrible.
But the city was created precisely by its decree in 1781. The population of that period is 856 people. They mainly mined buta and white stone.
During the years of her reign, they developed a rectangular plan with a longitudinal-transverse grid of city streets.
Most of the houses were built from "Podolsk marble." So called the local stone and boot.
A more likely version is that the name of the city comes from the word "hem", meaning "slope of the mountain, hill, hill" or "low place under the mountain." Typically, such settlements arose near rivers. They are characteristic of many ancient Russian cities.
There is a third version, which states that the village was located along a valley of 2 rivers - Pakhra and Mochi.
For a long time it was a quiet provincial town. Noble people, merchants, prosperous artisans settled on the high bank of the river, and the poor on the opposite side, which was often flooded.
Podolsk in the old photo
The incentives for the development of Podolsk are:
- opening of the Warsaw highway,
- the construction of a bridge over the river Pakhra.
The city established the work of the Porokhovschikov cement plant, the factory of the Singer company, and later the cable plant. So the merchant town gradually turned into an industrial center.
The beginning of the 20th century was marked by the opening of a cinema, a water supply system, a water tower, and an electric station. After 1920, radio broadcasting began, the movement of buses. In the next decade, several factories were put into operation: an accumulator plant, fruit water, a casting and rolling mill, a bakery, and a meat factory.
Residents of Podolsk have always participated in major historical events:
- Peasants excelled in the partisan movement during the Patriotic War of 1812. Kutuzov’s army was also located in these places.
- The inhabitants of Podolsk did not remain indifferent to the revolutionary events of 1917.
- During World War II, over 30 thousand people went to the front. They bravely defended the last frontiers leading to Moscow. The cadets of the military school excelled. Thanks to them, it was possible to tighten reserves to protect the capital.
The intersection of the streets of Kirov, Parkova and Archival passage adorns the monument to the cadets, erected in 1975
For almost two weeks, young cadets with poor armaments fought against the Nazis, who tried to break through to Moscow. Of the 3.5 thousand people after the battle, about a thousand remained alive.
In the Soviet years, the surrounding villages were added to the urban line.
Modern Podolsk is a city with large factories, modern houses. Its feature is the extension of the territory with many areas.
In the center is Lenin Square with administrative buildings, institutions, the Exhibition Hall. Streets diverge from it in several directions:
- Lenin Avenue stretches to the northeast. From it begins the path of those who want to see the bridge over the Pakhra River, the Podillia Museum, get acquainted with the northern part of the city, the Novosyrovo microdistrict, Podolsky DSK.
- Komsomolskaya street is directed to the northwestern and southeastern parts.
- Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya street will lead to the south. There are PEMZ, Detsky Mir, Kutuzovo and Klimovsk microdistricts.
- You can get to the south-west from the streets of Sverdlov and Kirov.
The Pakhra River separates the northern part of the city from the center.
In the central part you can see the layout of 1784 (in the vicinity of Trinity Cathedral) and residential buildings of the late XIX-early XX centuries.
The reconstruction of the city took place after 1950. New microdistricts have grown. The project "Big Podolsk" has been introduced.
The bus station and the Podolsk railway station are in one place - in the city center. In addition, there are also railway stations: Silikatnaya, Kutuzovskaya, Grivno, Vesennyaya, Lviv. The last three were added after joining the city of Klimovsk and the working village of Lvovsky to Podolsk.
From public transport buses, trolleybuses, fixed-route taxis function.
The city is located very close to Moscow - only 15 km. Therefore, some of its residents work in the capital. The opposite situation is also observed - people working in Moscow rent housing in Podolsk, since renting a house in it is much cheaper.
Getting from Moscow to Podolsk is easy:
- There are many electric train connections from the Kursk station. The gap between them is half an hour. The duration of the trip is one hour.
- Buses run even more often than trains. They depart from metro stations: Dmitry Donskoy Boulevard, Annino, Yuzhnaya. The fare is cheaper than in rail. The whole journey is overcome in 30-60 minutes. The presence of traffic jams plays a role.
- Personal cars or taxis can be reached by moving along the Warsaw or Simferopol highway.
In Podolsk there are attractions of any kind: religious and architectural monuments, many simply beautiful and interesting places. Let us dwell on the main ones.
Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Dubrovitsy
It was built in 1704. It is distinguished by its majesty and uniqueness, unusual architecture for Russian architecture, since the projects of Russian and Italian masters were used.
Its peculiarity is adornment with carvings, ornamental patterns and sculptural images of Gregory the Theologian and John Chrysostom with books.
The opening and consecration of the temple took place in the presence of Peter I.
At first it was a small church made of wood in the name of the prophet Elijah. She was later transferred to a village next door.
For construction, a white stone was used. The style is baroque. The height of the temple is more than 42 m.
The building was erected by European architects. They decorated it in the style of Faberge jewelry masterpieces. Decorations inside the church are quite unusual for Russian churches - sculpture and stucco molding in white against a sky-blue background.
The arch of the temple is crowned with a metal gilded crown. Above the entrance are wooden choirs consisting of 2 tiers. They are made in the Baroque style.
The interior consists of sculptural compositions on biblical themes.
The attention of visitors is attracted to the sculptural composition “Crucifixion”.
Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Dubrovitsy
The belfry, as such, is not. It is replaced by a series of bells hanging on the street near the temple.
The church was restored three times. The change of power affected its existence - it was closed, the domes removed. Divine services resumed in 1990.
Church of St. George
It is considered one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. It was built in 2006-2007. The tree used as the main building material gives it a resemblance to the old Russian tent churches. Upstairs, it is crowned with five golden domes with crosses.
Church of St. George
There is the St. George Sisterhood of Mercy at the church. Its main goal is to provide medical and charitable assistance to large families, single and sick people.
Church of Cyril and Methodius
This temple is a new Orthodox building, erected in 2011 in honor of the brothers who created the Slavic writing.
The work is made of wood. On the facade you can see a golden dome with a cross. Nearby is the bell tower.
Church of Cyril and Methodius
The peculiarity of the temple is that it combines the heritage of ancient Russian architecture with the individuality of modern construction. The temple has a lot of light coming from large, tall windows. An atmosphere of cleanliness and space is created.
In the underground floor there are benches: window and book.
Museums of Podolsk
The Podillia Museum-Reserve was created in the house where members of the Ulyanov family lived earlier. He was visited by V.I. Lenin. One-story house is located in a picturesque area, on the banks of the river.
In the house where Lenin visited, there is a genuine collection of objects of that era.
Guided tours are held on the territory of the reserve, telling about the natural resources of the Moscow region.
In the Museum-Reserve Podillia
In the former Morozov estate, materials are presented that tell about the life, traditions, rites of the Podolsk merchants and philistines of the 19th century, as well as about the finds of archaeologists of the Mesolithic times. Some exhibits existed 2-4 thousand years ago.
In 1977, Podolsky Exhibition Hall was opened on Lenin Square. It was created for photo and art exhibitions dedicated to the history of the area and its features.
The territory of the exhibition hall is 2000 m2. Used sound and lighting effects, music, modern technology help to better perceive information.
In the stories about the city, this attraction is always mentioned. It is located in the eastern part of the city on the banks of the river Pakhra. There is a lime park next to the buildings.
The history of its origin begins in the XI century. The first owner is Fedor Byakont. Then the owners changed repeatedly. During the tenure of the estate of Nadezhda von Meck, in 1884-1885, the composer Tchaikovsky visited her.
In Soviet times, on its territory there were various institutions and a dormitory for workers of a cement plant.
Only part of the buildings has survived. They are used for housing. Park reduced.
This area is not very prestigious, because it is located in the industrial zone.
In any city there are special monuments. They differ in architecture or are dedicated to a specific historical event.
The monument to Catherine the Great deserves attention. It is reproduced from bronze. His performance is rather unusual. The founder of the city is captured at work sitting on a chair. And next to her on a small table is a decree on assigning Podol the status of a city. The empress holds a feather in her hand.
Monument to Catherine the Great
Not far from the museum of local lore, on a pedestal made of granite, 3.5 meters high, a monument was erected for the Singer sewing machine, which creates a carpet with a map of the city and all significant places.
Monument to the sewing machine
At the station square, visitors are greeted by a monument to the working class.
In 2014, an original composition appeared in Podolsk - a fountain with a sculpture “Natasha Rostova's First Ball”. In the bowl of the fountain are visible two bronze figures, frozen at the time of the execution of the waltz. What is noteworthy - in the faces of Natasha Rostova and Andrei Bolkonsky, there is a similarity with the artists Savelyeva and Tikhonov.
Fountain The first ball of Natasha Rostova
In the evening, the fountain is decorated with neon lights.
There is another original singing fountain in the city - “Tornado”. This is the first light and music fountain in Russia with LED spotlights. Its jets fly 12 meters high. During the day, it’s nice to stroll and freshen up, and in the evening to watch a colorful show.
In memory of the events of the war of 1812, on the centennial anniversary of Cathedral Square (near the Trinity Cathedral), an obelisk monument to the Grenadiers of Miloradovich, who defended Kutuzov’s headquarters from enemies, was mounted. The battle lasted more than a day, but the French failed to break through the defense. Most of the heroes died in the battle.
This obelisk had to be restored. With the advent of Soviet power, he was replaced by a monument to Karl Marx. However, in 1995, an exact copy of the obelisk was made and installed again.
It is a high pyramid with 4 faces and the Alexander coat of arms on top. Ahead there are 8 stands connected by chains.
Monument-obelisk to the grenadiers of Miloradovich
Simultaneously with the opening of the ice palace, a sculpture of a Russian knight on a horse appeared in front of its main entrance.
Monument to Russian Knight
Tips for visiting Podolsk
Podolsk is rich in attractions. One day is unlikely to be enough to examine them all. Many ancient estates are located in nearby villages.
We offer a tour route if you are limited in time:
- Inspection of the sculpture dedicated to the working class on the railway station and monument to Catherine II in a nearby park.
- In the central area to visit the museum of local lore.
- Visit the Trinity Cathedral, the Church of the Resurrection of Christ.
- Get to know the local museums of the Ivanovo estate.
You can make a route yourself in accordance with your preferences.
What souvenirs to bring from Podolsk
We all love to bring memorable gifts from excursions to relatives and friends or for ourselves. In addition to the usual magnets, postcards, you can buy:
- Unusual souvenirs are Klimo wooden toys made at the local factory. It is located in the microdistrict Klimovsk, Factory passage, 2.
- In the exhibition hall you can buy paintings by artists.
- Podolchanka sweets from the local confectionery factory are popular.
Monument to Podolsky cadets (1975) at the intersection of Kirov Street, Parkovaya Street and Archival Passage
A few facts about the city of Podolsk:
- Podolsk was founded in 1627, it became a city in 1781.
- Podolsk is located in the south of Moscow, the distance to the Moscow Ring Road is 15 km, to the center of Moscow is 36 km.
- The city is a satellite of Moscow, due to its proximity to the capital, most of the people living here work in Moscow. And vice versa: many workers in Moscow come to Podolsk to rent a house. Compared to Moscow, rental prices are significantly lower; transport infrastructure is well developed.
- The Central Archive of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is located in Podolsk.
- The population of the city is about 303 thousand people.
- Located on the river Pakhra.
- Warsaw highway and Old Simferopol highway pass through Podolsk. Simferopol highway passes near the city.
- The Moscow-Kursk railway passes through the city, along which long-distance trains to the south and electric trains run.
- Coat of arms of the city of Podolsk - on a blue background two crossed gilded pickaxes.
- The nearest metro station Tsaritsyno - if traveling by train, Dmitry Donskoy Boulevard - if traveling by bus or car.
Stations of Podolsk
The bus station and Podolsk railway station are in one place and this is a definite plus of the city. But there is no waiting room for waiting trains, and sometimes they have to wait a very long time. On the platforms of the Podolsk station there is not even a roof, there are no watches and electronic information boards.
But there are turnstiles for entry and exit, and a tunnel connecting the platforms to Moscow and from Moscow. There are also ticket offices, ticket terminals and in a separate building there is a long-distance ticket office. Toilets on the street for a fee - dry closets cabins.
In Podolsk there were only three railway stations:
- Podolsk station in the city center,
- Silikatnaya station, equipped with turnstiles, ticket offices and terminals. On the platforms there is a roof and benches.
- Kutuzovskaya station - there are no turnstiles yet. The platform towards Moscow has ticket offices, ticket terminals and a roof. The platform from Moscow is a little further and has nothing but a high staircase with a ramp and several benches.
Since July 2015, the city of Klimovsk and the working village of Lviv became part of the city of Podolsk. In Klimovsk there are two railway stations: Grivno and Vesennyaya, in Lvovsky - one Lviv station.
A bit of history
Monument to Catherine the Great in Catherine Square (near the Railway Station Square)
Podolsk was founded at the end of the 18th century on the site of the village of Podol. The first mention of this village dates back to the beginning of the XVII century - in those days, these lands were the estate of Danilov Monastery.
The estate division of the city residents was expressed geographically: nobles, merchants and wealthy artisans settled on the high bank of the Pakhra River, a tributary of the Moscow River. The poor were content with the opposite, often flooded shore.
Many still believe in the legend that the name of the city was given by Catherine II, when driving past, she wetted the hem of her dress. In fact, Podolsk was created much earlier, and Catherine II is revered here because it was she who gave the status of the city of Podolsk in 1781.
In the Patriotic War of 1812, Podolsk played a significant role in the partisan movement led by local peasants. In 1917, the city was at the center of revolutionary events, and during the Great Patriotic War it was almost the last frontier on the way of the enemy army to Moscow.
The modern city of Podolsk is a lot of large factories (ZiO, Podolsk-Cement, PEMZ, Podolskkabel, Remit and others). Houses are Soviet-era buildings, new modern houses are mainly being built in remote areas. The center is the stations: railway and bus, located together. By the way, from May 01, 2001 the city has trolleybuses, only 4 routes. In trolleybuses free wi-fi.
The city is very stretched: there are many areas, they are scattered at a considerable distance from each other. To get from one area to another, sometimes one bus is not enough, you need to make a transfer and take another.
Monument to Leo Tolstoy, next to Sberbank on Leo Tolstoy Boulevard
The city is buried in traffic jams, every year more and more motorists, new houses are being built. To leave the city or drive to another area, you can spend an hour.
In general, the city does not make the impression of a nice, cozy. Quite the contrary - gray, cold, not very much green, not very well-maintained. But the city is changing every year for the better, and the sights of Podolsk are of historical and cultural value.
Znamenskaya church and manor in Dubrovitsy
The most famous and most beautiful attraction of Podolsk is the Church of the Sign in Dubrovitsy with a crown, located in the village of Dubrovitsy. It is called the pearl of the Moscow region.
The church is not only striking in its beauty, it is unusual and mysterious. The author of this masterpiece is still unknown. The Church of the Sign was consecrated in 1704, and Emperor Peter I was present at the consecration.
The church is fascinating not only from the outside, be sure to go inside. Here you will see snow-white sculpture and stucco molding against a sky-blue background, which is unusual for Russian churches.
The estate with the linden park and the adjoining area have been preserved. The registry office is located in the estate, indeed, the place is very beautiful and bright, just for registration of marriage and wedding photos.
Behind the church there is a barrow with a viewing platform. The newlyweds come up here to hang the lock.
Behind the observation deck is the confluence of two rivers: Pakhry and Desna.
Address: Lenin Avenue, 47.
A significant attraction of the city is the Podillia Museum-Reserve, which illustrates the history of the city from ancient times. It is located on the banks of the Pakhra River, opposite the Resurrection Church.
The Morozovs two-story house has an exposition dedicated to archaeological excavations and finds made on the territory of the reserve.
In Podillia, fragments of urban wooden buildings of the XIX century were preserved and the house-museum of V.I. Lenin was opened.
Fountains of Podolsk
The sights of Podolsk are the beautiful modern fountains Tornado and Openwork, better known as Natasha Rostova’s First Ball.
Generation Square Fountain
The fountain in Generations Square is located next to the symbol of Podolsk - the city clock.
Address: General A.S. Eremeeva (next to the DC "October")
Tornado is a light and music fountain attraction with RGB LED spotlights. The height of its jets can reach 12 meters.
The pedestrian fountain, you can walk on it to refresh yourself in the afternoon, and in the evening there is a beautiful light and music show.
Fountain "The first ball of Natasha Rostova"
Address: Kirov street, 31.
The fountain "The first ball of Natasha Rostova" or "Openwork" is quite unusual. The fountain sculptures rotate in a waltz and are sent to the leading actors in the famous film by S. Bondarchuk - L. Savelyeva and V. Tikhonov.
Water jets create a beautiful openwork mesh. Neon lights in the evening make the fountain even more beautiful.
Entrance to the park named after Talalikhin
Address: st. Working, 5B. Site:http://www.podolskpark.ru/
Talking about the sights of Podolsk, one can not help but mention the city park named after Talalikhin. Viktor Vasalievich Talalikhin - a hero of the Soviet Union, a fighter pilot, made a night ram, shot down several enemy aircraft, died at 23 in 1941. A monument in honor of him was erected in 1960.
Monument to Victor Talalikhin in the park
The park is located on the banks of the Pakhra River, near train stations and next to the Church of the Resurrection of Christ. The park hosts city celebrations, there is an open-air Green Theater and a dance porch.
There is also a fountain, a Ferris wheel, attractions, a contact mini-zoo (not far from the entrance).
Monument to M. Yu. Lermontov in the Talalikhin Park.
An interesting monument to Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov, located here in the city park. It was installed on September 12, 2015. The poet sits in a draped cloak with a book in his hand. On a five-meter stele, his poem "Confession" and his own drawings. The Lermontov figure is made of bronze, and the stele is made of brass and glows from the inside. Therefore, it is interesting to come to the monument in the dark.